Thursday, March 7, 2013

Still a Dream (for Wed)

Recently I finished reading Mark Batterson's book, Prayer Maker. Much of his book I like, Jesus suggested bold praying like the widow who pommeled the judge with her insistence.

But much of it left me discouraged. For example, Mark's church needed a drummer early on. God told him to get a drum set. He bought a drum set, even though funds were tight, and the next Sunday a professional drummer showed up.

I have a drum set at church, and my son played until he left for college last year. I have prayed consistently for a new drummer, to no avail as of yet.

Mark marched around DC and prayed like Joshua for wherever he put his feet. We have done that kind of praying here in our neighborhood...but not had the same results.

However when God was directing my playlist on prayer day (see Soundtrack of My Soul) I heard "Still a Dream" a Nicole C Mullen song I created a video for about our church.

We may not be huge, but we have accomplished something rare in this country, an integrated church. That was our dream, and it still is, and I appreciate God reminding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment