Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Soundtrack of My Soul

This morning on my walk I started my music without realizing it was on shuffle. Of course I like everything on my playlist, but today God sure picked what I needed to hear.

The first surprise song was Still a Dream, which reminded me of my dream for a diverse church being realized, more on that tomorrow.

I also heard Amazing Grace, My Chains are Gone, a favorite at our church which we just sang Sunday as we prayed for folks to be set free.

Another was Joyfully, which is one of my favorite joyful songs, based on Psalm 23.

Then Never Once, which reminds me I am never alone. I first loved this song when I heard it after Junia's accident, so it has a special meaning for me. I noticed for the first time an extra phrase Matt Redman says in his recording that's not in the music, "we shall not be overcome." I have been feeling overcome, so that was a good reminder.

I am grateful for God's orchestrating my soundtrack this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment