Monday, March 11, 2013

God Knew

This winter I saw my friend's wife in Santa Barbara the week before her mother died. I have only met her twice, her husband travels more so I have seen him more often.

Her mother died on the same date as my mother years ago. So a month after her mom died I contacted her to tell her I was thinking about her on that date.

Sunday morning I dreamed that this couple came to visit me and I was able to comfort her in person. When I emailed her about my dream, she responded, "Such timing – today is my birthday – thanks for sharing your dream."

I didn't know it was her birthday. My first birthday after my mother died was one of my hardest days, and if I had known, I would have certainly reached out. But I don't think it was a coincidence I dreamed about her on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment