Friday, March 15, 2013

Moving with the Spirit

This morning at our urban conference I had to fill in for the devotional speaker who had been in the hospital earlier this week for gallbladder stones.

My morning reading as I travel through the Bible was Joshua, which I had also been reading about in the Circle Maker book, concerning walking around Jericho before the battle. We planned to pray in the nation's capital, so this formed a perfect text for our day.

Later we prayed in front of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial, and as we finished the song came to mind "on Christ the solid rock I stand." Then we visited a church, where the pastor quoted that song.

Next we saw the United Methodist building where another of our Free Methodist church plants worships. The church I pastor started in a United Methodist building, which they later gave us, so I prayed this would happen to New Vision in the City as well. I look forward to hearing the future results of those prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment