Saturday, February 23, 2013

Angels Watching Over Us

Nora and I got up early this morning to meet my cousin for breakfast. He works third shift as a cop, so he wanted to see us after he got off and before his day job. After breakfast, we were on the side of town with stores where we needed to buy final supplies to finish organizing her room. So we were driving back and forth between stores on a misty morning that steamed up the windows.

Nora pulled out in front of an approaching car coming out of one of the parking lots but we avoided disaster. What a relief. Besides the obvious risk of bodily harm, her older model car only has liability insurance so fixing it would be out of her budget.

She hasn't had an accident since early in her driving career, on another rainy morning, when the brakes didn't work fast enough. She said it probably wasn't to her credit that she'd had no other accidents, and I think we can all say that. I am grateful for guardian angels that protect us. And I'm counting on that as I fly home tonight.

Part 2:
When I got to the airport I sat in the wrong place, right by my gate, but the announcements from my flight could  not be heard. I was starting to wonder why we weren't boarding when I heard an airport wide announcement for my plane. I jumped up, grabbed my stuff and hurried to my plane. I normally wouldn't mind another night at Nora's, but Roger would have minded having to stand in for me preaching!

I couldn't sleep on the plane, so I was worried about driving home the hour from Dayton's airport to Cincinnati. UK's basketball game against Mizzou kept me awake, plenty intense, then went into overtime. Thankfully they won but the bonus for me was the overtime got me almost home! Thank you Lord for traveling mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment