Sunday, August 23, 2009

Forgiveness

Roger is reading a book about forgiveness that says in a good relationship people have 5 good interchanges with one bad. That's like batting 833. Impressive.

I found this encouraging. I'm not sure if I bat that well in the relationships that matter most to me, especially my husband and children. I have begun to worry lately that I needed to stop interacting with them at all because I so easily offend, overstep boundaries, hover and harass.

Those numbers give me hope. To keep the baseball analogy going, you can't get a hit if you don't go to bat. So I guess I have to keep going to the plate.

As I do I'll have to count on forgiveness. God has no trouble drowning our sins in his sea of forgetfulness (Micah 7:19), if only we humans could master that skill. It seems we forget what we want to remember, and remember what we would rather forget.

May God give us all the courage to forgive and be forgiven.


No comments:

Post a Comment