Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dogless

Dozens of brightly colored Easter eggs await my consumption, but I only like the yellows and I've lost my egg partner who came when she heard me peeling one and patiently waited to help me out with the whites.

I can go out my front door for my walks without her barking, I used to leave by the back door which she accepted as me driving away.

Last night I got up out of my bed without worrying about stepping on her.

We cleaned up the dog hair and it's not back this morning.

I'll have to remember how to use a broom when I drop food in the kitchen, a habit hardly used in my adult life, since I've been without a dog only for weeks at a time on three occasions.

The verdict is still out on whether we'll again enter the world of dog ownership. Meanwhile life seems a bit less impactful, as no one is home to notice.

Rest well Sunny. I'm glad not to hear you panting and circling and falling down anymore. But for sure the silence is deafening.

No comments:

Post a Comment