Monday, May 17, 2010

Pain from Head to Toe

Have you ever noticed than when something hurts, then stops, we tend to touch it or move it or bother it to see if it still hurts, setting off the pain again? Why do we do that!

I broke my toe last night. I kept trying to decide if it was really broken so if it ever stopped hurting I'd wiggle it and sure enough, it would send shoots of pain out to tell me the truth.

After my second Monday at court my brain was fried. Sundays are the most draining day of my week, all that people time for my introverted self. Usually on Mondays I retreat, work at home, or do errands, but not heavy on people.

Instead today I spent the whole day with my 14 new best friends (12 jurors and 3 alternates makes 15 including me) and a courtroom of lawyers and witnesses, listening intently to conflicts and confusion.

So my toe hurts, and so does my head. I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment